Sunday 29 October 2017

BLACKOUT.

I open my eyes to the ting tong ting,
The unpleasant alarm going off again,
Sleep leaves me a bit too worn out,
Have to get to work, though it’s such a pain..

Mundane defines my everyday routine,
I struggle with making sense of things,
What should I look forward to anyway?
Nobody knows what the next day brings..

Wherever I go, there are people all around,
But I wonder why I always feel so alone,
I shall always be there for you they have said,
But is anything said ever cast in stone?

As I tread through the monotonous day,
I am grappled by despair and hopelessness,
I fear I am coming on too strong sometimes,
But trust me, I cannot help being in distress..

Will things ever fall in place as they should?
Will I ever comprehend what is happening to me?
I am desperate to make sense of things around,
But please just leave me the way I want to be..

The cacophony of the noises I live amidst,
And the eerie silence that constantly screams,
They hold me like a bird suffocated in a cage,
I am fighting my inner demons it seems..

It’s all about confusions and perplexities now,
Through a dungeon I am struggling my way out,
Like coffees gotten cold and projects incomplete,
Unfinished sentences represent my perpetual doubts..

I wish to scream my heart out to this universe,
But my energy serves me a ruthlessly cold betrayal,
I am looking for answers to my internal conflicts,
But I find myself in a state of thorough denial..

Could I please request for a present this birthday?
A box full of reasons to be happy from within,
‘Coz emotionally drained wouldn’t quite explain,
The broken state I have for very long been in..

Could you just come and hold my hand once?
And disengage me from the mess I look like,
Just hold me close when I am facing a breakdown,
Tell me the calm will follow and the chaos will subside..

Every face I come across on the streets and subways,
Reflects a tale that’s a little real and a bit too raw,
Strangers suddenly appear all too familiar to me,
They can read through the tears my folks never saw..

I come back home to what feels like emptiness,
Customary gestures don’t alleviate my pain,
I try hard, very hard, to get past through the void,
But I fall deeper into the gloomy abyss again..

Tomorrow is a brand new day, a new ray of hope,
Tomorrow the sun might brighten up the skies,
But for now I shall find comfort blacking it all out,
I feel too weak to even quit, slowly I shut my eyes...


2 comments:

  1. Ah, you will, pretty soon.
    There's a certain reverb in the piece,I feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading & appreciating! Came across your comment just today.

    ReplyDelete